1. Compensation, like any normal test run, should only be performed (and stored) when the unit has been warmed up for at least 30 minutes and self test is confirmed to pass.
2. Compensation storage has no “memory” of the specific cables or fixture used to perform compensation.
Hence if you have two similar fixtures moving between units there may be subtle differences between them.
Cables, Clips , Kelvin blades and fixture contacts can also degrade or become dirty over time, so should be maintained, as compensation removes the characteristics of these connections.
3. Stored compensation factors are a function of the specific unit and specific fixture/cabling.
Hence there is deliberately no way to transfer a stored compensation from one AT to another.
Stored compensation will NOT be loaded if ;
1. Any change is made to the test program between the last compensation and the next program load.
This is because any changes to test signals for frequency, or even adding extra tests, or recording them, would render the stored compensation invalid.
The AT5600 silently checksums your test program to confirm the program has not changed and that any stored compensation is still valid.
2. You have deliberately discarded a saved compensation using the “REMOVE” buttons on the compensation screen. (click picture)
3. You have not yet compensated the test program after the upgrade to firmware V1.002.000
Click to ZOOM