1.3.7 Executing Programs
Within your establishment, there are many ways in which an AT3600 and Server may be installed and used.
Large Production Facility
The standard installation in a large production facility could use several testers, together with a Server PC for test program and results archive:
- Convenient storage and management of large numbers of test programs (e.g. >1000).
- Easy storage and management of test results.
- Importing results into other Windows applications for analysis.
- The Server PC could be located away from the test area, for example in a supervisor’s office, allowing results analysis to be performed where it is required.
- Up to 8 AT Series testers may be connected to each Server PC
- Requires the Server PC to be permanently connected. This is to allow the tester uninterrupted access to the server, for the purposes of accessing programs and storing results.
- Usually requires an additional PC (which could be a portable) to be attached locally to (the Auxiliary Port of) one of the testers when a new program needs to be developed and evaluated.
Small Production Facility
At the other extreme, possibly more suitable for a small production facility with a single AT Series tester and limited or temporary access to a PC:
- Connect the AT to the PC (running both Editor and Server software) as shown above when developing the test programs.
- Download a group of programs from the Server to the AT, where they will be held in the internal non-volatile memory.
- Remove the PC, and run all the production test programs from the AT internal memory.
- Requires only occasional use of a PC (which could be a portable) to develop test programs and load them into the AT.
- Test programs can be executed by the AT without the PC attached, which may be of advantage if the working space is limited.
- Suitable for small numbers of test programs (e.g. <50).
- Test results cannot be archived to disk, or analyzed by other Windows based applications.