Why are we seeing different Inductance test results between an ATi in Mexico and an AT3600 in the US?
The ATi and AT3600 should have the same measurement result for inductors. Any difference may be due to the following:
1. The ATi and/or the AT3600 have not been calibrated with the recommended 12 month period.
2. Test conditions are different between the two testers. Recommended test parameters are specified in Section 7 of the User Manual.
3. There is a self test failure seen on testers.
4. There are differences in the fixture between the two testers.
5. Compensation may not have been done correctly.
For inductance between 12 and 25uH we recommend frequency of 30KHz and a test voltage 50mV.
For inductance between 640uH and 820uH we recommend frequency of 10KHz and a test voltage 100mV.
If possible I would suggest these test conditions at both sites.