Why is it important to have compatibility between tester software and firmware in all test locations if testers are moved to different locations?
If Editor and Server software and tester firmware is not at the latest release there may be incompatibility issues and test results may be affected. This is particularly important if testers are moved to different test locations.
For this reason we recommend that all AT's firmware and Editor/Server Software is at the latest revision. Please click here to find latest versions of firmware and software.
In summary, please note the following when using the AT3600 and ATI at different locations:
- All PC locations must have the same software release and all ATs firmware needs to match this software. If this is achieved then it will be possible to move any AT to any location.
- It is important to ensure that firmware and software are at the latest release as above. Editor and Server software is common between the ATi and AT3600. The software is free.
- Another advantage of having latest software and firmware is that a service loaner, if needed,will be compatible with all test stations.
- The latest Editor and Server software and AT3600/ATi firmware are available from the Voltech web site click here for the web page.
To update software please note the following procedure:
1. Uninstall existing software by going to Windows Control Panel and add/remove programs
2. Go to the Voltech web site (above) and install new software, existing programs will not be lost.
Instructions are available when downloading firmware from the Voltech web site.