2.2 Rear Panel Description
1) RS232 IN – Connects either to a PC or to the RS232 OUT port of the DC1000 closest to the controlling DC1000 or a Voltech AT instrument.
2) RS232 OUT – Connects to the RS232 IN port of another DC1000, in order to control its functionality, or connects to another DC1000, or any LCR meter other that a Voltech AT series product.
3) Fan Outlet – When outputting high currents from the DC1000 for an extended period of time, high temperatures can be produced. Please keep this air outlet clear of obstruction to allow the instrument to automatically regulate its internal temperature.
4) Safety Interlock IN – Connects to a safety device, such as a light curtain. When the connection is broken the DC1000 ceases to produce any current.
5) Safety Interlock OUT – Connects to another DC1000‟s Safety Interlock IN port. If you are using more than one DC1000 in parallel, then a single safety device can control each of the units in the chain.
6) Power Entry Module – Connect the power outlet to this socket. Contained within the module are two fuses, which should always be replaced when necessary with the same type and rating (4.00A 5X20 T-LAG HI-BREAK). There is also a voltage selector, which should always be checked, and set, if necessary, to the correct voltage for your location.