The DC1000 is designed with ease of use and speed of testing in mind.
Following is a description of the functions on both the front and rear
panels of the DC1000, to help you familiarize yourself with the basic
operation of the instrument.
2.1 Front Panel Description
1) Power Switch – Used to turn power to the instrument
ON or OFF.
2) Output Terminals – 4mm safety sockets, for
connection of the supplied 30A test leads.
3) Display – 4-character display to indicate the output
current in Amps.
4) Compliance LED – Lights up to indicate an error. The
display will indicate the error number. See the “Status Numbers” section
in this manual for details.
5) Rotary Dial – Rotates to set the output current
6) Output Enable Button/LED – Momentary button used to
enable or disable the output current. A green LED indicates the status of
the output. The LED lights to indicate that the output is turned on.
7) Remote Button – Momentary button used to put the
instrument into 'Remote' mode – in which another DC1000 or a PC can
control it. A yellow LED indicates that 'Remote' mode is turned on.