AC Interface User Manual
Thank you for choosing to use this Voltech product. If you experience any
difficulty during installation or use of the Voltech AC Interface, or are
unsure of any of its features or abilities, please do not hesitate to
contact either your local Voltech supplier or one of our Voltech main
1.1 Features & Abilities
The Voltech AC Interface is a versatile, easy-to-use accessory for the
Voltech AT3600/AT5600 transformer tester. The AC Interface:
- Extends the range of wound components that may be tested by the
AT3600/AT5600 by allowing a variety of third-party AC sources to provide
the test signal.
- Can be used with external sources that provide up to 600V @ 10A, 20Hz
to 1MHz for testing higher power transformers.
- Automatically controls the AC source to optimise test speed and
enhance operator safety.
- Integrates the AC source seamlessly into the AT3600/AT5600 environment
and allows all other standard tests to be executed in the same program
that is used by the external source.
- Fits into the rear part of the fixture bay on an AT3600/AT5600.
- Provides a convenient method of connection between the source, the
AT3600/AT5600 and the test piece.
- Comes with all necessary inter-connecting leads supplied.
- Isolates the AT3600/AT5600 from the external source, when the external
source is not being used, preventing damage to the source during
- Allows a step-up or step-down transformer to be used to boost the
voltage or current of the AT3600/AT5600's internal generator.
- Makes four tests available for use with the AT3600/AT5600 and an AC
- MAGX - Magnetising Current (External Source)
- VOCX - Open Circuit Voltage (External Source)
- WATX - Wattage (External Source)
- STRW - Stress Wattage (External Source)