9.1.3 Voltech AT Calibration System
- Calibrates AT3600
- Mimimises production down time – return to service centre not required.
- Calibrates tester to full specification - including high voltage tests.
- Precision circuits and components built-in for reliable, error-free calibration.
- Semi or fully-automatic calibration process controlled by easy-to-use PC software.
Voltech recommends that the AT3600 is calibrated every 12 months to ensure optimum measurement accuracy. The calibration system is designed for use by owners of Voltech AT testers and third party calibration companies who regularly calibrate testers or who wish to avoid the production downtime of returning a tester to a Voltech service center.
- Complete record of results stored on PC.
- Prints formal calibration certificate showing verification results.
- Calibration verified by making precise measurements on built-in sample R, L and C (Verification may be performed at any time).
- Verification L and C may be calibrated separately for external traceability.
THE COMPLETE CALIBRATION SYSTEM:
- The calibration fixture that fits into the normal position at the top of the tester (pictured).
- PC Software disk to run on a PC (386 or better with 4MB RAM). PC not supplied.
- A precision digital multi-meter (not supplied).
- An optional IEEE488 interface for the PC for fully automatic calibration (not supplied).
|Fully Automatic Calibration
|Less than 30 minutes
||About 45 minutes
|No manual readings
||About 30 readings read from the meter and
into the PC
|IEEE488 Interface required
NI PCII/IIA, IoTech GP488 and CEC suitable
|Normal PC Serial ‘COM’ interface required
|HP3458A 8½ digit DMM essential
||HP 3458A DMM or similar required
DMM SPECIFICATION FOR SEMI-AUTOMATIC USE
The Voltech calibration system relies on the accuracy of the DMM used to achieve the published specification of the tester. The meter must measure:
AC Volts to 0.04% @100Hz and 3% @1MHz
DC Volts to 0.003% @2V and 0.005% @600V
DC resistance using a four terminal connection to 0.05% for 500mΩ and 0.01% for 750Ω.
Keithly 2002 and Datron Wavetek 1271 (with high accuracy AC option) DMMs are suitable alternative meters.
Calibration should be carried out at 23°C ±5°C, relative humidity 10 to 90% noncondensing.