6.6 Program Mode
PROGRAM mode has two main functions:
- To change the tester's set up options (including setting up for server operation).
- To download a group of programs from the server PC to the tester's internal memory.
To access PROGRAM Mode, from the top level menu, press the soft-key PROGRAM to change to the following display:
The two main functions of PROGRAM mode each have their own soft-keys at this display. Press the GROUPS soft-key to download a group of test programs from the server to the tester's internal memory or press the SET-UP soft-key to change any of the set-up options.
Pressing EXIT at this point will return the tester to the top level display.
6.6.1 Set Up
Pressing the soft-key SET-UP at the ‘Program Mode’ display above will reveal:
This display is the start of a list of options under the title ‘Set-Up’.
To modify an option:
- Press the cursor soft-keys ( ↑ and ↓ which appear in context) to scroll up and down the list, so that the option you wish to modify is positioned on the third line (‘Fail Beeper’ in the above example).
- For most options, press the third soft-key to cycle round the available settings for that option. In the example of ‘Fail Beeper’, this will be:
The full list of options is shown below:
Three of the options require more than just pressing the third soft-key.
For ‘Beeper Volume’, pressing the soft-key CHANGE brings up an additional display:
- Press the ↑ and ↓ soft-keys until the beeper makes the level of sound you require, then press the EXIT soft-key to return to the Set-Up list.
For ‘Display Contrast’, the additional display is very similar, again with ↑ and ↓ softkeys, which this time adjust the display contrast.
For the ‘Clock’ option, there are five fields to set up:
- Initially the cursor will be in the first field - ‘yyyy’ - which is the year. Type the number you require using the keyboard, and press either the ENTER key (), or the → soft-key to move to the next field.
- For the second field - ‘mmm’ - which is the month, the soft-keys change to give the names of each month. Press the appropriate soft-key to select which month.
- The remaining fields - ‘dd’, ‘hh’ and ‘mm’ (day, hour and minute) are changed in the same way as the year, using the number pad.
To reset the set-up options to the factory defaults:
Press the decimal point (“.”) on the instrument keypad during boot-up at the general information screen. This will reset all tester options to the factory defaults, including screen contrast and beep volume, excluding the real-time clock.
The factory default settings are: