4.1 Introduction to the AT SERVER
The server program supplied with your AT series tester may be considered
as an online storage system.
The server will handle two types of data:
- TEST PROGRAMS
- TEST RESULTS
Test programs that are created using the editor application may be
uploaded into the server central file store. All testers connected to the
server then have access to the central store. Programs are called up from
the server, sent to and then executed within the tester.
The features of the server include:
- MS Windows application style dialogues and tools
- Storage of all previously created test programs
- Transfer of test programs to the tester on request
- Viewing of test programs outside the test program editor environment
- Test results may be received and stored in a database ready format for
easy offline analysis
- OLE 2 support allowing real-time analysis of your production test
Test programs may be stored on floppy disk for back-up or inter-site
Installation and setup of the server program is explained in Chapter 2.