3.1 Introduction to the AT EDITOR
Using the editor enables you to quickly and easily create test programs
for your AT series tester without any specialized knowledge of computer
The editor will guide you through the programming of the tests you wish
to carry out, helping you ensure that programming errors are eliminated.
The features of the test program editor include :
- Full MS Windows application compatibility, providing many visual aids
for tailoring the test parameters to your needs.
- Schematic diagrams of the transformer under test showing pin to node
connections. These form the basis of your test program.
- Form fill-in dialogue boxes to guide you through the programming of
- A test program under development may be executed and the test results
viewed on screen.
- Test programs and results may be stored in a PC running the AT series
- Transfer of test programs to specified paths or floppy disk for
- A full context sensitive and menu driven help system.
An additional function available through the test program editor is
upgrading the firmware of your AT series tester. See the ‘Firmware
Upgrades’ section in chapter 2 for details.