3.4.40 ZBX - Impedance With External Bias
||1mΩ to 1MΩ
||20Hz to 3MHz
This test requires the use of one or more Voltech DC1000 Precision DC Bias Current Sources. Contact your Voltech sales office for details.
The Winding Impedance with External Bias test measures the impedance of a selected winding while applying a DC current from the DC1000 through the winding. An AC voltage is also applied across the winding from the AT.
This test can be used with inductors to measure the change in impedance with a bias current.
On selecting “ZBX Impedance with External Bias” from the ‘available tests’ window, the following dialog box is displayed:
To program the test:
- Enter the value of a voltage (or current) for the signal and the required frequency of the test.
Also enter the bias current you would like to apply.
Please note that the Measure button may be used here. For information, refer to the ‘Test Program Editor’ of your AT manual.
- Select the integration time required. ‘Medium’ is the default setting. ‘Long’ will give more stable readings (for tighter limits) at the expense of time, and ‘Short’ will test at the maximum speed, but may give slightly noisier readings.
- Enter the terminal names between which the impedance is to be measured.
- Set the impedance limits.
||Enter a nominal value and then the limits as negative and positive values.
||Minimum and maximum values
||Enter just a minimum value.
||Enter just a maximum value.
- Select OK. The test specification will then be displayed in the program window.