3.4.31 STRX - Stress Watts (External Source)
The Stress Watts (External Source) test tests the transformer for breakdown of winding insulation by measurement of the energizing power of a winding, usually the primary, with the remaining windings open circuit. This test applies the voltage from an external ac source (usually at twice the normal operating voltage and frequency), and measures the power drawn.
This test uses an external source to provide the test signal which must be coupled to the tester via a Voltech AC Source Interface (contact your supplier for details). See the AC Source Interface user manual or the Editor help system for details of how to configure external ac sources for use with an AT3600.
On selecting "STRX Stress Wattage (External Source)" from the available tests window, the following dialogue box is displayed:
To program the test:
- Enter the voltage and frequency parameters of the test signal.
- Enter the dwell time for the test signal.
- Enter the terminal names of the winding to energize.
- Enter the power limit to test against. Either use max. - Min. (><) limit or test against just a maximum (<) limit if required.
- Select OK. The test specification will then be displayed in the program window.