3.4.29 WATX - Wattage (External Source)
The Wattage (External Source) test measures the power needed to energize a particular winding, usually the primary, with the remaining windings open circuit. It is usual to configure the test signal to the normal operating conditions of the transformer to determine the power needed to energize the transformer. This test uses an external source to provide the test signal which must be coupled to the tester via a Voltech AC Source Interface (contact your supplier for details). See the AC Source Interface user manual or the Editor help system for details of how to configure external ac sources for use with an AT3600.
See also the WATT test which uses the AT3600s internal generator which can provide up to 270V ac at 40W.
On selecting "WATX Wattage (External Source)" from the 'available tests' window, the following dialog box will be displayed.
To program the test:
- Enter the voltage and frequency parameters of the test signal.
- Select the integration time required.
- Enter the terminal names of the winding to be measured.
- Enter the limits for power to test against. Either use max. -Min. (><) limit or test against just maximum (<) limits if required.
- Select OK. The test specification will then be displayed in the program window.
Note: The measure button may be used to determine typical test results.