3.4.13 L2 - Inductance Match
The inductance match test calculates the ratio between two inductance's on two windings. An equivalent series inductance measurement is performed on each winding by measuring the complex impedance.
This test is suitable for switched mode power supply transformers, and audio & telecommunication transformers. It checks matching between windings.
On selecting ‘L2 Inductance Match a dialogue box will be displayed.
To program the test:
- Enter the required values of frequency and current or voltage for the X and Y windings
(If in doubt, refer to Chapter 7 - ‘Test Conditions’, which lists recommended test conditions.)
Note also that the Measure button may be used here as outlined in section 3.9.
- Select (mouse click the button) the integration time you require.
'Medium' is the default setting. 'Long' will give more stable readings (for tighter limits) at the expense of an increased test time, and 'Short' will test at the maximum speed, but may give a slightly noisier reading.
- Enter the terminal names between which the X inductance is to be measured.
- Enter the terminal names between which the Y inductance is to be measured.
- Set the inductance ratio limits
- Select OK. The test specification will then be displayed in the program window