3.2 Schematic Editing
The Voltech AT series schematic editor allows you to recreate the configuration of the transformer on the fixture as a schematic diagram on the screen. Using the schematic as a visual reference, you may create your test program.
This chapter describes how to create a transformer schematic using the AT series schematic editor.
This chapter covers the following operations:
- Create or add a transformer winding
- Connect the winding terminals to test nodes
- Delete a winding
- Rename a terminal
- Add a terminal
- Delete a terminal
- Add a core connection
- Delete a core connection
- Add a screen connection
- Delete a screen connection
2.2.1. Adding A Transformer Winding
To add a transformer winding onto the screen:
1. Select ‘Add Winding’ from the Schematic menu on the menu bar.
2. Place the winding on the screen:
A selected winding will now be displayed attached to the mouse pointer on the screen. You must decide which half of the screen to place the winding. On crossing the mid-point of the screen, the winding is mirrored to face the nearest test nodes. Click the left mouse button to place the winding.
3. Name the winding terminals:
When the winding is placed, a dialogue box appears prompting you to name both of the winding’s two terminals.
You may move the cursor focus between the fill-in boxes by using the TAB key or by pointing and clicking with the mouse.
When both terminals have been named, you should press ENTER on the keyboard or click on OK with the mouse in the dialogue box.
4. To make a winding with more than two terminals, see Adding a terminal to an Existing Winding, in section 2.5 of this chapter.
NOTE: Terminal names may be between 1 and 6 characters in length, and may contain any upper case letter or AT Series keyboard character excluding SPACE.