2.3.4 Additional Topics To Investigate
1. STORING PROGRAMS INSIDE THE TESTER
The AT3600 contains memory for the storage of test programs. The programs are stored even when the tester is switched off. Once a program is stored, the tester may be used without PC editor or server software.
To operate the tester in this way, the origin of the tester’s programs must be set to the local program store.
- On the tester, at the ‘Program mode’ display, under the soft-key SET-UP, change the ‘Origin’ to ‘LOCAL’.
This is described in section 2.3.3
WORKING WITHOUT A SERVER
A single program may be stored in the AT3600 using the PC editor.
Once a program has been entered using the editor and downloaded to the tester,
The tester will display:
Press LOCAL SAVE and the program that has been downloaded from the PC editor will be saved in the tester’s local program store. Note that any programs previously stored in the tester will be lost.
All PC connections to the tester may be now be removed.
To run the program at any time, return the tester to the top level display, press EXECUTE at the top level display:
Then press LIST to choose the program and press the RUN key and continue as before.
GROUP DOWNLOAD USING THE SERVER
Rather than deal simply with individual programs, the server is able to create program groups. A group of programs can be downloaded to a tester which can then use individual programs using its local facilities.
Having executed programs loaded from the Server connected to the tester, you may wish to download a group of programs so that the tester may be used in a stand-alone situation:
- Use the Server menus to create a named group of programs. (It is possible to create a group containing only the program TUTORIAL created above.)
- Ensure that the Server is still running and connected to the tester as above.
- On the tester, at the ‘Program mode’ display, use the soft-key PROGRAMS, and enter the name of the group to be downloaded.
- At this point, unless you wish to archive measured results on the Server, the Server connection may be removed.
- At the tester’s Top-Level display, press EXECUTE, and enter the name of a program in the group, and continue as normal.
2. RESULTS ANALYSIS
You may wish to use another application for further analysis of test results sent back to the Server:
- Close down the Server so that you may have full access to the results file The results will be stored in the directory chosen for results when the Server was installed (see page 2.2.6), in a file with a name similar to
where the ‘C2311096’ is a coded version of the date, and ‘.ATR’ is the file extension used by the Server for results files.
- As an example, use the procedure outlined on page 4.3.13. to import the results into an Excel spreadsheet.