2.3.3 Running A Program On The Tester
Having stored the program in the server archive, it is now possible to run the program on your AT3600 in the same way that you would use in production test. (If you do not intend to use the server see also section 2.3.4 - Additional topics to investigate).
Before proceeding further, it may be worth pointing out the main features of the tester’s front panel, which will be used in running the program:
- The LCD display prompts for and provides relevant information.
- The alphanumeric keypad allows you to enter text data such as the part number (i.e. test program name) of the transformer to be tested.
- The ‘Backspace’ key allows you to correct typing errors during data entry.
- The four ‘soft-keys’ adjacent to the LCD are provided for functions which vary with different aspects of the tester’s operation. The function for each soft-key at any given time is shown in the text boxes at the right hand side of the LCD.
(Also before proceeding further make sure that the Server is running, with the interface cable correctly fitted between the tester’s Server Port and the selected Server PC COM Port, and the COM Port correctly configured in the Server software (see page 2.2.8.).
At this point the AT3600 Tester should be still powered on, the display should still show a ‘last transformer’ message, produced when the test program was run from the Editor. It will be similar to the following:
Before running any new test program, return the tester to the top-level menu by pressing the FINISH soft-key (i.e. the 2nd soft-key from the top).
Use the following sequence of key-presses to ensure that the AT is configured to use the Server as the source for test programs:
- Press the soft-key PROGRAM to change to the following display:
- Press the soft-key SET-UP, and at the following display:
- Press the ↓ soft-key until the third line shows the words ‘Program Store’:
- If, as shown above, the origin is INTERNAL, then press the soft-key SERVER, so the third line reads as follows:
- Press the soft-key EXIT to return to the ‘Program Mode’ display shown above.
- At the ‘Program Mode’ display, again press the EXIT soft key, this time to return to the top-level (EXECUTE-MEASURE) display.
Then, use the following sequence of key-presses to run the test program for the part ‘TUTORIAL’:
Press the soft-key EXECUTE to display:
- The program name can now be typed at the keyboard, entered by swiping a barcode, or chosen from a list. Press the soft-key LIST to see a list of the programs available on the PC server.
If the list of programs fails to appear after a few seconds, check that the server is running and that the COM port and file folder are correctly configured. Is the cable from the AT3600’s server port to the PC fitted correctly?
Use the ↑ and ↓ keys to select the program and press the enter key  or the enter soft-key.
- When the download has been successfully completed, you will see a message to fit the fixture similar to the following:
- As the fixture is already fitted, and compensation is not required with the example transformer, simply press the NO COMP. soft-key to move on to the RUN-FINISH display:
- Press the RUN soft-key to start program execution.
As the program is running, the RUN indicator (the yellow LED to the left of the display) will be illuminated, and the display will indicate the test currently being executed:
At the end of program execution, the PASS indicator (the green LED to the left of the display) should be illuminated, and the display should show:
- Press the RUN soft-key several times to repeat the program execution.
On each run of the program, the test results will be passed back to the Server, where they may be viewed in the ‘On-line Monitor’ window.
Test results may also be reviewed at any time via the tester’s front-panel results listing screen, which is accessible from the RUN-FINISH display by pressing the RESULTS soft-key.
The results listing screen displays all completed tests giving test number, type, result in both value and pass or fail, and status error (for a description of status error codes, see chapter 3). The listing may be printed in the same style as the standard results by pressing the PRINT soft-key.
- After several program runs, press the FINISH soft-key to return the tester to the toplevel display.
This is the end of the step-by-step tutorial, which forms only a very brief introduction to the features available on your AT3600. Please study and browse through the rest of this manual (or the on-line help for the Windows software) to get the best from your transformer tester.
The next section lists more features of the tester that you may wish to investigate yourself at this point, before you try to create ‘real’ programs for production use.