2.3.2 Quick Start Tutorial - The Server
TRANSFERRING THE PROGRAM TO THE SERVER
The Voltech Server software is supplied with every AT3600. The use of the Server software is required for handling and storage of test results and is recommended for handling large numbers of different test programs.
Having created, saved and tested the program TUTORIAL using the Editor, you are now in a position to run it again on your AT Series Tester, but this time using the Server. The procedure for transferring the program to the Server archive will depend on where you have installed the Editor and Server programs.
EDITOR AND SERVER ON SEPARATE PC’S
In many situations the Editor and Server would be installed on separate PC’s (as shown in the illustration on page 2.2.2). In this situation, the AT3600 is used to perform the transfer.
Before proceeding further, make sure that all the following have been set up:
- The interface cable between the tester’s Auxiliary Port and the selected COM Port on the Editor PC is correctly fitted, and that the COM Port is correctly configured in the Editor software (see page 2.2.5).
- The interface cable between the tester’s Server Port and the selected COM port on the Server PC is correctly fitted, and that the COM Port is correctly configured in the Server software (see page 2.2.8.)
- Both the Editor and the Server software packages are running.
- The tester is still powered on as described above.
To transfer the program, from the Top Level menu bar, Select
The Editor will now down-load the test program to the Server using the AT3600.
After a few seconds, you should see a message to say that the Download was successful.
If you see a message indicating that the download has failed, check your cable/COM Port connections and try again. If the download continues to fail, reboot both PC’s and try again.
EDITOR AND SERVER BOTH ON A SINGLE PC
If the Server and Editor are installed on the same PC, the easiest way to transfer the test program to the Server is to use the Save As menu in the Editor:
From the Top Level menu bar, select
At the dialogue box, type in the part name
as before, and change the directory to the one selected for program storage
when the Server was installed (page 2.2.6.).
Click on the OK button to close the dialogue box and save the test program in the Server program directory.
The next section of the Tutorial demonstrates running the program on the AT3600 tester from the archive on the Server. Before proceeding to that section, if the Server and Editor are using the same COM-Port on the single PC, re-allocate the COM-Port from the Editor to the Server:
- Close down the Editor by clicking on
in the Top Level menu.
- Start the Server by double clicking on its Windows icon.
- Configure the COM-Port as shown on page 2.2.8.
- Remove the cable between the AT Auxiliary Port and the PC COM-Port.
- Connect the cable between the AT Server Port and the PC COM-Port