1.2 AT3600 Features Summary
Your AT3600 tester is designed for fast, accurate and reliable testing of transformers and other wound components in a production or goods inwards environment.
However, it is a complex instrument with many ways in which it can be set up and used.
Therefore, it is important that you take the time to read this section and the Overview in the following section, in order to understand the product capabilities, and enable you to make the best use of your AT3600 in your particular environment.
TEST PROGRAM CREATION
- Simple, easy to use, Windows based Editor for creating test programs. (Chapter 3.)
- Requires no software programming skills or expertise.
- Test conditions may be entered manually, or chosen automatically by measuring a sample transformer.
PROGRAM ARCHIVE MANAGEMENT
- Windows based Server software for easy management of all test programs. (Chapter 4.)
- Optionally, programs may be resident in the AT3600 Tester for stand-alone operation.
- Manual or robotic operation
- Barcode input
- Footswitch input
- Simple PASS / FAIL operation by an unskilled operator
- Safe – Light barrier controlled power isolation prevents operator injury from high voltages. (Chapters 8 & 10.)
- Direct printing from the AT Series Tester.
- Results archiving to disk using the Server application.
- Results for analysis can be easily exported to other Windows applications.
Versatile – Many different types of test are all performed automatically. The range of tests available is being constantly expanded, but common test types include:
- DC Resistance
- Primary Inductance (Series or Parallel)
- Q Factor
- Equivalent Resistance (Series or Parallel)
- Leakage Inductance
- Turns Ratio and Phasing
- Inductance with Bias Current (Series or Parallel)
- Insulation Resistance
- Magnetizing Current
- Open Circuit Voltage
- Hi-Pot (DC)
- Hi-Pot (AC)
- Surge Stress Test
- Hi-Pot Ramp (AC)
- Hi-Pot Ramp (DC)
- Modular Upgrades - Each individual test is independent of the others, therefore only the tests required need to be purchased for each tester. Additional tests may be added as required via a firmware upgrade, see chap 7 section 1.1 for the tests currently available.
- Fast - Achieving an average of 10 tests per second including switching of the relay matrix.
- Accurate - Fully programmable signal sources and high-resolution ‘intelligent’ digital measurements.
- Reliable - Totally integrated signal sources, switching matrix and measurement circuits under microprocessor control ensure low stress on all circuits.
The next section gives a more detailed overview of your AT3600 Tester and how to use it. It is recommended that you read this section before attempting to use your tester.