1.3.9 Operating The At Series Testers In Production Test
The AT3600 has been designed to work in both manual and robotic production situations.
In manual use, the tester is simply placed on a work surface in front of the operator. The tester may be connected to a Server PC, or used stand-alone as described previously.
The operator instructions are very simple:
- At the start of a batch, enter the name of the test program together with any additional information required, for example the batch number.
Data entry may be via the keyboard, or via a bar-code reader connected to the Bar Code Port on the tester.
The list of additional data entries is stored in each test program, and may be different for each program.
- Fit the required test fixture, if it is not the same as used for the previous batch.
This may not always be necessary as several transformers can all use the same test fixture.
Fixtures are easily changed in a matter of seconds.
- Insert the first transformer into the test fixture, and press RUN.
The ‘RUN switch’ can be a front-panel key or an auxiliary switch, for example, a foot-switch connected to the Remote Port on the rear panel of the tester.
- At the end of the test, remove the transformer and place it in the ‘Pass’ or ‘Fail’ bins as indicated by the tester's display.
Optionally, the tester may be attached to a printer, allowing a printed copy of the test results to be either retained for archive, or attached to each tested component. The printout may be configured for all test data, or only following a ‘fail’.
- Continue in this way for the remaining transformers in the batch.
In robotic situations, the tester's Remote Port provides the following signals for connecting into your system:
Again the tester may be connected to a Server PC, or used stand-alone as described above.