MAKING THE MEASUREMENTS
Thousands of design and test engineers trust Voltech power analyzers to provide
clear and definitive measurements on products that are in low power standby mode.
Our power analyzer range is ideal for measuring low power standby on all kinds of
audio-visual, domestic and office equipment.Easy-to-use Voltech power analyzers
provide fast design evaluations as well as full compliance measurements to IEC62301
and ENERGY STAR low power standby requirements.
As different countries agree their own limits on the power that domestic and portable
industrial appliances should consume in standby mode, manufacturers need ever-more
accurate ways of measuring it – not least because Energy Star and the EU code of
conduct are being written into international law.
To provide consistency, the directives call for specific measurement methods that
are based on the international standard IEC62301. This standard
clearly defines how to measure standby power. Some of the standard’s key requirements
include that the instrument:
- Has accuracy better than +/-0.01W.
- Has a current range below 10mA.
- Can integrate energy or average
power over 5 minutes.
- Can measure voltage harmonic distortion.
PM6000 - Multi Phase Power Analyzer
- Comprehensive integration features suitable for EnergyStar measurements and IEC62301
- Samples continuously without gaps at 5MSPS - no missing data during low power standby
PM1000+ - Next Generation Power Analyzer
- Low power standby at an affordable price
- Versatile single phase power analyzer with sophisticated measurement features
- PC software for IEC62301