Voltech instruments is the market leader in the provision of test and measurement
solutions for the worldwide power electronics industry. For over 20 years our engineers
have been using proven technology to design innovative products that provide trustworthy
and easy-to-use measurement solution.
Voltech designs and manufactures a complete range of power analyzers and wound component
testers that cater to every power electronics design and test need. From the first
digital power analyzer produced over 20 years ago, to the next generation of power
analyzers and automatic transformer testers, Voltech is committed to providing practical
solutions that help our customers design and test better products, faster.
A Brief History of Voltech
Recognizing a need in the power electronic industry for digital power measurement solutions,
Voltech was founded in 1986.
- 1987; launched the world's first commercially available digital power analyzer,
- 1989; produced the world's first digital three-phase power analyzer, the PM3000.
- 1992; the world's first self-contained automatic transformer tester.
- 1993; first power analyzer to use Digital Signal Processing(DSP) technology, the
PM3000A awarded the Queen's Award for Export achievement.
- 1994; AT1000 transformer tester released.
- 1995; produced two low cost power analyzers, the PM100 and PM 300.
- 1996; opened new facilities in the US to provide sales and service support second
generation transformer tester launched, the AT3600.
- 2001; released the ATi transformer tester / LCR meter.
- 2004; developed the industry-first multi-phase power analyzer the PM6000.
- 2006; opened new facility in China.
- 2007; next generation, single-phase low cost power analyzer released, the PM1000+.
- 2010; remains the global leader in power analyzers and transformer testers, with
offices in Europe, China and the US.
Vision for the Future
These days, increasing focus is placed on energy efficiency, smaller products and
'green energy'. The demands on power electronics are greater than ever. More and
more complex measurements need to be made, and test equipment must be more accurate
and sophisticated to provide the measurements required.
Voltech's products already provide solutions for these markets, and we will continue
to develop and adapt as the standard for power measurements inevitably becomes more
and more demanding and regulated. Our products and people lead the world in the
power electronic market and we remain committed to providing the best range of power
analysis and transformer-testing products available, made possible by the depth
of our human resources.